Breathwork is a general term used to describe any type of therapy that utilizes breathing exercises to improve mental, physical, and spiritual health. There are many different types of breathwork in today’s world and each has it’s own unique method. And it is so good for you mind, body and soul.
Breathwork therapy can support people in achieving a greater sense of self-awareness and capacity for self-healing. It also helps people work toward overall improvement in mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. Breathwork therapists guide participants through various therapeutic breathing techniques.
Here are 10 benefits of doing breathwork:
1. Reduces stress, anxiety and grief, depression and anger
2. Increase your energy levels and boost your immune system
3. Increase self-awareness, presence, happiness and joy
4. Increase self-love
5. Improve sleep
6. Release trauma and fear stuck in the body
7. Help reduce pain
8. Release toxins from the body
9. Improve digestion
10. Explore altered states of consciousness, consciously
Breathwork can be a powerful therapeutic practice. If you decide to explore its benefits, talk to an expert in that practice, and try out different styles of breathwork to find the one that best works for you.